Wargo French attorneys have significant experience representing financial services companies and professionals. We represent our financial services clients in a myriad of commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings. We have extensive experience litigating matters involving consumer protection issues (such as Truth in Lending Act violations), mortgage and foreclosure issues, breaches of contract, unfair and deceptive trade practices, successor liability claims, fiduciary duty issues, restrictive covenants and employment-related disputes.
The following matters are indicative of the types of financial services matters successfully handled by Wargo French attorneys:
- Defended financial institutions in individual and class actions involving allegations of violations of the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Billing Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Defended financial institutions in actions involving issues of preemption under the Home Owners Loan Act (“HOLA”) and the National Banking Act (“NBA”).
- Defended financial institutions in actions involving claims of violations of state and federal consumer protection statutes.
- Defended financial institutions in actions by borrowers asserting mortgage-related claims, including allegations of wrongful foreclosure, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (“RESPA”) violations, slander to title, and state mortgage statute violations.
- Defended and prosecuted actions on behalf of financial institutions involving issues of title to property.
- Represented financial institutions in actions involving forged checks and other negotiable instruments and the improper processing of negotiable instruments pursuant to Article 3 of the Uniform Commercial Code and recognized industry practices.
- Represented financial institutions in litigation involving identity theft, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive trade practices, intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation, successor liability, negligence, fraud claims and lender liability claims.
- Defended financial institutions in disputes with employees and independent contractors.
- Represented financial institutions in general commercial matters, including Uniform Commercial Code, contract and licensing disputes.