Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Wargo French is a law firm of diverse attorneys, built on the principal of intentional inclusivity. By the numbers in almost every criterion, we far exceed Law 360’s “The Best Law Firms for Women and Minority Attorneys.” The firm is a proud member of the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF). Our attorneys also promote diversity and inclusion outside of the firm by participating in various programs focused on advancing diversity, particularly in the legal profession. We often include our clients in such programs and also find and invest in opportunities to support and enrich our clients’ involvement in the community.
The following are some of the most recent examples of Wargo French’s involvement with diverse organizations.
- Wargo French was nominated for the Supplier of the Year – Class II Award at the 2017 Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council (GMSDC) Spirit of Alliance Awards Dinner (August 2017).
- Nicola Gelormino, senior associate in our Miami office, was selected as the Diversity Scholarship recipient for the ABA Forum on Construction Law’s Regional Meeting on “Construction Insurance” (October 2017).
- Wargo French’s Atlanta office hosted the first event in the Southeast for the Minority In-House Counsel Association (MIHCA) titled “Key Strategies for Leveraging Your Career Trajectory” (November 2017).
- Laurie Selkowitz, senior associate in our Los Angeles office, participated on a NAMWOLF panel in 2019: "Risky Business: Legal & Ethical Considerations in Artificial Intelligence" (February 2019). Alina Singer, one of our equity partners and lead corporate attorney, participated on two NAMWOLF panels in 2018: “The NAMWOLF Solicitation Process – An Exploration into How In-House Counsel Are Finding NAMWOLF Firms” (February 2018) and “The New Era: Clouding Around with Data” (September 2018). Wargo French was one of two firms to host the “In-House Counsel Meet & Greet Reception” at the NAMWOLF Annual Conference in 2018. Wargo French is active in many NAMWOLF committees and initiatives, including the Transactional Practice Area Committee (PAC), Trials PAC, Insurance PAC, Labor and Employment PAC, Financial Services Litigation PAC and the Marketing Best Practices Committee. Robert Chubb, another equity partner of Wargo French and lead real estate attorney, is involved with the NAMWOLF’s Real Estate Subcommittee.
- Laurie Selkowitz, senior associate in our Los Angeles office, participated on a CLE panel in 2019: "A Script for Success: Promoting Workplace Diversity and Inclusion" (May 2019).
Wargo French strives to support minority and women-focused organizations in the community.
- Wargo French has continuously been the exclusive sponsor of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers (GAWL) Annual Judicial Luncheon for fifteen years. For the past five years, the Firm has continuously been the exclusive (lead) Title Sponsor of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL) Annual Judicial Reception. Wargo French was recognized with a Friends of FAWL award for our involvement with Miami Dade-FAWL and commitment to the organization at the 35th annual judicial reception and was also recognized for its lawyers who are GOOD guys (guys overcoming obstacles to diversity) (December 2017).
- Wargo French has been a Gold Level sponsor for the past ten years of the Southeast Chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT Southeast). Alina Singer is currently the Co-Vice President and Senior Director of Red Letter Awards for WICT Southeast. Ms. Singer has been a board member of WICT Southeast for more than five years and regularly participates as a speaker on panels for the organization. Examples of Ms. Singer’s speaking engagements with WICT Southeast include: “Mergers and Acquisitions Fireside Chat” (September 2018), “What’s Next with Innovation Accelerating Technology” (September 2017) and “Staying Relevant in the Workplace: Creating a New Path” (September 2016).
- Wargo French supports The Atlanta Women’s Foundation, sponsoring the organization’s Women in Law Reception and the Numbers Too Big to Ignore Luncheon for a number of years (including 2018).
- Wargo French sponsored Mercer’s BLSA Alumni Council (BAC) Breakfast (February 2018).
For more information about our diversity outreach initiatives, please contact Jenny Baldwin, Firm Administrator, at email@example.com