Wargo French’s insurance coverage attorneys have a broad and deep level of experience across insurance products and disputes. Whether first party or third party, general liability or P&C, or specialty insurance products, Wargo French attorneys focus their client service on preventing disputes before they materialize and resolving disputes as efficiently as possible. Accordingly, a significant portion of Wargo French's coverage work is outside of litigation, solving problems before they occur.
Wargo French's coverage attorneys are repeatedly called on to handle high-profile, multi-million dollar coverage disputes. Among the most recent:
- First Mercury Ins. Co. v. Great Divide Ins. Co., __ F. Supp. 3d __, No. 16-CV-02114-LHK, 2016 WL 4502809 (N.D. Cal. Aug. 29, 2016) (First Mercury obtained an order that Great Divide owed a shared duty to defend, relating to a severe fan beating at the San Francisco 49ers Levi's Stadium);
- San Diego Gas & Electric v. Lamorak Ins. Co., No. 3:15-cv-00636-WQH-JLB (S.D. Cal. filed Mar. 23, 2015) (Insurance carriers settled coverage dispute over the historic $50 million cleanup of the San Diego Harbor);
- Apatow v. Am. Bankers Ins. Co. of Fla., No. 16-198, 2016 WL 7422288 (C.D. Cal. Dec. 21, 2016) (American Bankers prevailed on a motion to dismiss Judd Apatow’s million dollar property insurance claim);
- Columbian Chem. Co. v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, PA v. Century Indem. Co., No. 2014-L-000526 (Circuit Court, Third Judicial Circuit, Madison County, Illinois 2014) (pursued and settled coverage claim against carrier relating to secondary asbestos exposure);
- Interland, Inc. v. Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London, No. CV-OC-0506184, (District Court, Fourth Judicial District, Boise, Ada County, Idaho 2006) (pursued and settled coverage claim against carrier relating to wage and hour class action lawsuit).
When litigation is unavoidable, Wargo French attorneys have developed litigation strategies to reduce both risk and legal spend in cases involving coverage disputes, allegations of fraud, and allegations of bad faith. Wargo French’s attorneys have briefed and litigated virtually every significant policy term and condition and know what works and what does not. Wargo French is able to focus the dispute on the client's best argument, efficiently maximizing leverage for resolution. This is our distinction with a difference.