Wargo French's commercial real estate practice is national in scope. Wargo French attorneys have extensive experience advising clients with respect to a broad range of commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States including, without limitation, the acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, construction and development of various retail, industrial, office and mixed-use projects. Our attorneys represent many national and international retailers, shipping and logistics companies, shopping center owners and other commercial and industrial owners and tenants.
Wargo French's attorneys handle all aspects of such commercial real estate transactions including, without limitation, the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, leases (including retail, office, and industrial), easements, operating agreements and closing documents, the obtaining and reviewing of title reports, boundary and ALTA/ACSM surveys, environmental site assessments and other due diligence items, and the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, site development agreements, architect, engineer and other consultant agreements.
The following matters are indicative of the types of commercial real estate matters routinely handled by Wargo French attorneys:
- Represented multiple national restaurant chains (both franchisors and franchisees) in the acquisition and lease of real property throughout the United States for the development of over 400 new restaurants.
- Represented an international retailer in the lease of over 1 million s.f. of retail space throughout the United States.
- Represented an international transportation and logistics company in the lease of over 2 million s.f. of industrial and office space throughout the United States and its territories.
- Represented an international transportation and logistics company in the lease, construction and ultimate purchase of its Innovation Center in Illinois.
- Represented an international aluminum company in the lease and construction of its Solution Center in Michigan.
- Represented an international aluminum company in the acquisition of over 100 acres of land from the local development authority for the construction of a new facility in Kentucky.
- Represented an international chemical products company in the acquisition of over 40 acres of land to expand its operations in Louisiana.
- Represented a national restaurant chain (franchisor) in the sale and conversion of over 600 company owned restaurants to franchisee owned restaurants, including the sale of anywhere from 3 to 75 restaurants in any single transaction.
- Represented a national restaurant chain (franchisor) in the acquisition of over 350 franchisee owned restaurants, with the simultaneous sale of said restaurants to new franchisees, including the acquisition and sale of anywhere from 10 to 250 restaurants in any single transaction.
- Represented an international chemical products company on various construction projects in the United States.
- Represented a national credit union with respect to the construction of its new headquarters in California.