Wargo French’s bankruptcy and creditor’s rights group has substantial experience in all areas of bankruptcy and insolvency. The group has extensive experience representing secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy, litigation and receivership matters throughout the United States. The group regularly represents creditors and trustees in a wide array of bankruptcy litigation (including the prosecution and defense of preference and fraudulent transfer actions) and has been extremely successful in avoidance action and claim litigation throughout the country.
The following matters are indicative of the types of creditor’s rights and bankruptcy matters successfully handled by Wargo French attorneys:
- Successfully represented the defendant in the trial of a fraudulent transfer lawsuit seeking in excess of $50 Million.
- Represented international office equipment lessor in bankruptcy matters throughout the United States.
- Represented a national telecommunications company in bankruptcy matters throughout the United States.
- Represented numerous commercial landlords in bankruptcy proceedings pending throughout the United States.
- Represented The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a multi-million dollar bankruptcy proceeding for retail stores with outlets throughout the United States.
- Represented The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a multi-million dollar bankruptcy proceeding involving the contractor responsible for construction of a pedestrian bridge that collapsed and resulted in numerous injuries and deaths.
- Represented an international life settlement company, resolving 1000s of claims from investors across the globe, resulting in a confirmed Chapter 11 Plan.
- Represented the receiver of a property and casualty insurer in the investigation and prosecution of directors and officers litigation, and associated insurance coverage litigation and appeals.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an excess insurer in litigation claiming breach of the duty to defend brought by a primary insurer and a well-known U.S. multi-national corporation.
- Represented a large landowner in eminent domain litigation against the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Ongoing representation of bankruptcy trustees and receivers in directors and officers litigation, insurance coverage litigation and general commercial litigation.
- Ongoing representation of an international vehicle and equipment manufacturer in bankruptcy matters to recover collateral, perfect claims, and enforce its financing agreements and guaranties.
- Ongoing representation of a major Internet media company in its efforts to secure payment from advertisers in advertisers’ bankruptcy proceeding.